Allow me to take a moment to promote an organization I’m on the planning committee for. Emerging Arts Professional (EAP), a new national online magazine, forum and resource network for emerging professionals working in the arts field, is seeking written submissions for its online magazine.
EAP welcomes submissions from all arts professionals whether you are a seasoned or first time writer, emerging or established arts manager. If you have an opinion or ideas to share, we want to hear from you!
Articles posted on the EAP website will be in the form of a blog allowing readers to respond with their own comments, suggestions or case studies regarding the subject matter. Submissions should be brief. We are not looking for academic papers on each subject, but rather personal accounts, stories, short articles or essays.
EAP is run by a dedicated committee of arts professional volunteers. Chosen submissions will be given an honorarium of two complimentary tickets to an art event or performance in your surrounding area.
To submit an article, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- 750 words maximum
- Articles must be typed in Microsoft Word or saved as an RTF document
- Double spaced
- Please include your name, occupation, company affiliated with, city, an e.mail address that we can reach you at
- Please state clearly which topic your article addresses
E.mail your submission to me, the EAP Editor at editor[at]eapforum.com. For more information about EAP visit eapforum.com.
Topics for 2007 include:
- The Changing Face of Arts Management (January)
- Professional Development (February)
- Stress and Burnout (March)
- Leadership (April)
- Career Paths (May)
- Artist / Administrator (June)
- Festivals Across Canada Organizations (July)
- Making A Difference (August)
- Cultural Affairs (September)
- Well-Run Arts Organizations
- Diversity in the Arts (November)
- Marketing and Audience Outreach (December)