If you like kids and/or Harbourfront, there’s a great opportunity to get some volunteer hours in this year. A friend of mine is working for the Kids programming department and they’re looking for volunteers to help out during HarbourKIDS! this year. Here’s the info:
May 17 – 19, 2008
The big idea for HarbourKIDS this May is Fearless! This action-packed festival celebrates and encourages bravery, pluckiness and courage in kids by showing them that anything is possible once they set their minds to it! There are plenty of exciting volunteer opportunities from May 13 – 19 including:
- Preparing décor and craft materials
- Working with our designer to assemble our FUNHOUSE
- Assisting facilitators with the Powerful Poetry and Fearless Funk Styles Dance Workshops
- Helping the kids with their own artistic creations including masks, costumes, noise makers and juggling balls
- Front of House and Usher positions for the amazing performances and presentations including Creepy Critters:Bugmania and the Kids’ Open Mic Poetry Jam
- And much more!
If you would like to be a part of this action-packed festival, please attend a recruitment session
on: Monday, April 28, 2008
at: 6:30 pm
in: Miss Lou’s Room, Harbourfront Centre, 235 Queens Quay West
Please email to volunteers@harbourfrontcentre or call 416-952-3625 to register for the recruitment session.